List of BC Engineering and Manufacturing Companies Working on Covid-19 related Medical Supplies
Please add yourselves through the comment section under the correct heading as listed below. We update this list regularly. Full list can be found at https://manufacturingbc.org/covid-19-manufacturing-responders
- Active Manufacturing
- Developing Concepts
- Expressed Interest
- Modelling and Analysis Solutions
- Coordinating Efforts
- 3D Printing Suppliers Offering Help
clean portable power for mobile clinics, temporary triage centres, and mobile UPS for backup power for ventilators, and sensitive medical equipment.
AdvanTec Global Innovations (AGI)
- ~200,000ft2 of ISO Certified manufacturing space in BC/AB. CWB/AWS/ASME
- 8 acres of free yard space in AB. ~250 production staff that are able to pivot quickly (in house prototyping team). In-house CNC shop and can produce modular labs, clinics, hospital beds etc.
- CNC retooling can be done quickly to facilitate plastics and manufacturing of plastic components.
- glass/plexiglass cutting capability
- Tempering Oven
- A supply chain team, of 8, can assist in procurement and sourcing as well as logistics. AGI has formed a consortium with NewPro3D, Hydra Energy and GridGear as a response to the federal government call to action by industry.
UBC Engineering Physics Project Lab
- Can make face shield in volumes of thousands starting 3/24m
- Working on UV N95 mask sterilization cabinets for every ward
- Working on intubation enclosure. Testing in progress at St Paul’s Hospital.
- Delivering products to Doctors as of March 23
- Need: professional vendors who can provide:
- Large format laser cutters that can cut 0.5mm PETG in either 4x8’ sheet or roll format
- Assembly staff
- Shipping of materials and finished product to hospitals
- Connections to hospital procurement staff